During the holiday season I usually serve a Cranberry Tiramisu. It is very low in sugar and my dinner guests love it. For those who are leading a Keto Lifestyle, I have created this Keto Tiramisu Cream. It makes a great Keto Parfait dessert when served with berries.
Ingredients: for 2 servings
- yolks from 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp of fennel powder
- 2 packets of raw organic unbleached stevia
- 1/2 cup of cold heavy cream
- 4 ounces of room temperature mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup of your favorite berries (strawberries, blackberries and raspberries work best. I avoid blueberries because they are higher in sugar than the other berries. Here I was lucky enough to receive fresh blackberries from my neighbor’s garden 😋)
Just a note on the stevia powder I have used in this recipe. I bought it in packets so that it stays fresh. Note that the powder is green in color. It is made from dried stevia leaves that have been ground into a fine powder. It is not white because it has not been bleached. To my taste buds the unbleached powder is better because it is pure and does not leave an artificial after taste.
Making the Custard Base:
Bring water to a simmer in the base of a double boiler pan. While the water is coming to a simmer whisk together the 2 egg yolks with 1 packet of stevia and 1/2 tsp of fennel powder.
Place the egg mixture on top of the simmering water and continue to whisk until it turns frothy and pale.
Transfer the cooked egg mixture into a glass container and let it cool to room temperature.
While the egg mixture is cooling make the whip cream.
Place the cold heavy whipping cream into a cold bowl along with 1 stevia packet and the vanilla bean paste. Whip until you have medium peaks.
Putting the cream together:
Once the egg base is cooled, gently fold in the 4 ounces of room temperature mascarpone. Then fold in the whipped cream.
The cream is now ready to serve. Here I have used it in a berry parfait, but this cream is versatile. I have used it to stuff strawberries. You can also put it on a Keto biscuit. Actually, it is yummy enough to just eat with a spoon. 😋💖