Last week I found fresh Lychees at the Indian grocery store. I love Lychees. My grandfather use to buy them for me during the summer season when I would visit him in India. I eat Lychees fresh, but I was inspired to have my husband use them in a refreshing cocktail. He came up with this Dirty Lychee Martini.
Ingredients: Per Drink
- 2 1/2 ounces of vodka
- 1/2 ounce of elderflower liqueur
- 2 fresh lychees (use canned lychees if you don’t have fresh ones)
- Peel two lychees and place them in a glass container with a spout
- Add 2 1/2 ounces of vodka
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight to create a lychee infused vodka.
- Remove lychees from vodka. Juice one lychee into a shaker filled with ice. Set aside the other lychee for garnish.
- Add the elderflower liqueur and the lychee infused vodka to the shaker
- Chill martini glass
- Shake ingredients in shaker
- Add lychee garnish to chilled martini glass
- Pour drink mixture over lychee garnish in martini glass
Last week we went to Fort Worth, Texas. We ate at this incredible restaurant located in downtown called GRACE. They served a lime and coconut sorbet spiked with lychee, as a palate cleanser. I am totally stealing the idea for this sorbet because it makes a great paring for our Dirty Lychee Martini. Below is a photo of the sorbet.
I also posted a review on Yelp for GRACE.