Happy Halloween. The fundraising event last night was so much fun. Everyone was having such a good time that it lasted till midnight. This is the surprise, “ghoulicious” Halloween cocktail my husband created for our Halloween Italian Cooking Class/Pop Up Supper Club in Support of the Bastrop County Emergency Food Pantry. I just love the cute garnish.
- 2 ounces of Jack Daniels (or your favorite bourbon)
- 1 ounce triple sec
- a splash of Fee Brother’s Aztec chocolate bitters
- 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup
- a dash of cinnamon powder
- a dash of freshly grated nutmeg (use powder if you must but it won’t be as flavorful or fragrant)
- ice cubes
- peel of one orange (note: keep the peel in large pieces so you can make the cute garnish)
- whole cloves (also for the garnish)
Making the garnish:
I had a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter and an oval punch in my garnish making kit. My husband used them, but you can use a paring knife to cut out a Jack-O-Lantern shape.
- Peel the orange so you have large pieces
- Cut out a pumpkin shape
- Cut out the mouth shape
- Insert two whole cloves to make the eyes
Add the Jack-O-Lantern garnish when the drink is complete.
- Use a Rocks or Old Fashioned glass. Some people know this as a Low Ball glass.
- Fill the glass three quarters with ice
- Add the liquid ingredients
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg
- Stir well
- Add the cute garnish
3 thoughts on “Jack-O-Lantern Cocktail – HAPPY HALLOWEEN 😈”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Going to try this soon, but with Luxarado triple sec. It’s much better than DeKuyper.
Yes you are right. We didn’t have the Luxarado. Please let me know how it turns out.