Happy Halloween. The fundraising event last night was so much fun. Everyone was having such a good time that it lasted till midnight. This is the surprise, “ghoulicious” Halloween cocktail my husband created for our Halloween Italian Cooking Class/Pop Up Supper Club in Support of the Bastrop County Emergency Food Pantry. I just love the cute garnish.
- 2 ounces of Jack Daniels (or your favorite bourbon)
- 1 ounce triple sec
- a splash of Fee Brother’s Aztec chocolate bitters
- 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup
- a dash of cinnamon powder
- a dash of freshly grated nutmeg (use powder if you must but it won’t be as flavorful or fragrant)
- ice cubes
- peel of one orange (note: keep the peel in large pieces so you can make the cute garnish)
- whole cloves (also for the garnish)
Making the garnish:
I had a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter and an oval punch in my garnish making kit. My husband used them, but you can use a paring knife to cut out a Jack-O-Lantern shape.
- Peel the orange so you have large pieces
- Cut out a pumpkin shape
- Cut out the mouth shape
- Insert two whole cloves to make the eyes
Add the Jack-O-Lantern garnish when the drink is complete.
- Use a Rocks or Old Fashioned glass. Some people know this as a Low Ball glass.
- Fill the glass three quarters with ice
- Add the liquid ingredients
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg
- Stir well
- Add the cute garnish