This Grilled Rabbit “Stew” is my husband’s creation. I am a pescatarian, but my husband is an omnivore. We both eat a lot of vegetables and now follow a Ketogenic Lifestyle. My mom was a vegetarian and raised me that way. However, my dad does eat meat and I learned how to cook meat for him. I myself was a vegetarian until about 20 years ago when I started eating fish. Most of my recipes tend to be vegan, vegetarian or seafood. These days my husband cooks meat for himself and I cook the other dishes. If grilling is involved, I may do the marinade, but the grill is my husband’s territory. He made this dish and I have decided to let him write up his recipe.
- 1 red onion halved and sliced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes cut into 8ths
- 2 medium sized green peppers cut into 6ths
- 1 jalapeno sliced including seeds, leave the seeds out if you don’t want it spicy
- 1 zucchini cut lengthwise and sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Shiner beer, I used a mango kolsch, I drank the rest.
- 1 rabbit cleaned and cut into 8 pieces
Someone gave me the rabbit, if you don’t have rabbit you can use chicken, skinned.
- place a sheet of tin foil in an aluminum roasting pan
- drizzle olive oil on the sheet of tin foil
- lay the veggies on the sheet
- drizzle more oil and add salt and pepper
- add the rabbit and add more oil and salt and pepper
- put your grill on medium heat and start the cooking with grill lid open
- when it starts sizzling add the beer
- close the grill lid and cook for about 40 minutes
- turn up the heat to high to finish the dish and add color to the rabbit. Cook on high for about 10 minutes.
When the rabbit is browned and cooked through it is ready to eat.
You will find a delicious golden gravy under the veggies to pour over the dish when it is served.