HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY to everyone!!!
My husband and I are just about to go to a neighborhood pool party to celebrate with our friends. I came up with this easy red, white and blue appetizer for the party pot luck.
- 48 ounces of grape tomatoes
- 24 ounces of basil and cheese ravioli
- blue toothpicks
- olive oil to coat and toast ravioli
PREPPING THE RAVIOLI
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil
- Add a table spoon of salt
- Add the ravioli and boil till they float to the top and puff up. This takes about 4 minutes.
- Drain cooked ravioli into a glass baking dish that has been oiled with olive oil. This prevents the ravioli from sticking to each other.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with olive oil and place on medium high heat.
- Place the cooked ravioli in a single layer and toast on both sides.
- Do this in batches and keep adding the toasted ravioli to a glass baking dish.
Follow the instructions from my Blistered Tomatoes post to prepare the tomatoes.
Assembling the skewers is very simple. Gently pierce the center of the ravioli and push it to where the blue decoration starts. Then pierce the stem end of the blistered tomato placing it on top of the ravioli. Arrange on a platter to resemble an American Flag.
Let me know what you think in the comment section. We are off to the party now. Hope you are all having a good time with your friends and family. !!!