Happy Thanksgiving everyone. In celebration, my hubby created the first of his holiday cocktails for the 2018 season.
- 2 ounces of your favorite bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Averna Amaro
- 1/2 ounce Ancho Chili Reyes Liqueur
- 3 dashes blood orange bitters
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- A frozen Bourbon ball (or ice for the drink glass)
- Mixing cup
- Measuring cup (pony/jigger)
- Bourbon glass (rocks glass)
- ice for shaking the drink in the mixing cup
MIXING THE DRINK:
- put ice in the mixing cup
- put liquid ingredients in mixing cup
- shake vigorously
- place a frozen Bourbon ball in your rocks glass (or use ice if you don’t have a Bourbon ball)
- pour liquid ingredients into rocks glass, while retaining the ice in the mixing cup.
Add a dash of cinnamon and grate a dash of fresh nutmeg.
This holiday drink is the first in a series for the season. CHEERS!!!