This is the cocktail that I pair with my Fig Fillo Bites.
INGREDIENTS: per drink
- 1 oz Moody June Gin
- 1 oz Texas South Wind Red Raspberry Fruit Wine
- Juice of half a lemon
- Slice of lemon for garnish
- 1 glazed fig ice cube per drink (see below on how to make cube)
- Enough Korbel Brut to top off drink
MAKING THE FIG ICE CUBES:
- The first photo shows the glazed figs with their glazing liquid (see “Glazing The Figs” in my Fig Fillo Bites recipe) The glazed figs can be stored in a glass container in the frig. They will keep for 3 months.
- Place a silicone ice cube tray on top of a cookie sheet
- Place one glazed fig in each section of the ice cube tray
- Using a tea spoon, fill each cubed section to the top with the glazing liquid.
- Freeze overnight. Use the cubes you need. Store the rest in a plastic freezer bag for future use.
PREPARING THE DRINK:
- Fill a drink shaker half way with ice
- Add gin and raspberry wine
- Add juice from lemon
- Shake well
- Put 1 fig ice cube in the glass
- Add mix from shaker to glass
- Top off with champagne
- Add a slice of lemon to the rim for garnish
As the glazed fig ice cube melts, the drink gets more flavorful. At the end of the drink you are left with a delicious macerated fig to eat. CHEERS!!! Let me know your feedback by leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.