Taj means crown and Pani means water. The name for this cocktail was inspired by the Indian soft drink, Limca. Limca is a lemon-lime soft drink which is not too sweet. It has a bitter note like a grapefruit.
Ingredients: per drink
- Limca-to taste
- Beefeater Gin-1 ounce
- Juice from a lime-1 squeeze
- Red chili pepper for garnish
- Ice in a shaker cup-1/4 full
Mixing the drink:
- Place a red chili in a martini glass
- Pour the gin into the ice-filled shaker
- Add the lime juice and shake
- Pour into the martini glass over the red chili pepper
- Add Limca to taste for your level of sweetness.
Recipe note: You can find Limca in an Indian grocery store. If you can’t find Limca use Squirt or your favorite lemon-lime soda.