The above photo shows the ingredients for 3 drinks. The pear martini ingredients are to the right of the photo:
- Absolut Pear Vodka–2 parts
- Elderflower Liqueur–1 part
- Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic–to taste
- Candied Pear Slice–1 per drink
- Agave Nectar and additional Elderflower Liqueur for candying the pears
Method for candying the pear slices:
- Quarter a pear lengthwise and remove the core.
- Thinly slice each piece of pear lengthwise.
- Place pear slices in a sauce pan along with enough Elderflower Liqueur to just cover the pears.
- Add enough Agave nectar for your level of sweetness–I added 1 teaspoon.
- Simmer on low heat until the pears become translucent.
- Store the candied pear slices with their liquid in a glass container. Place container in fridge until use. The pears will store well for at least six months.
Preparing the drink:
- Place candied pear slice in a coupe or traditional martini glass.
- Fill the martini shaker with ice half-way.
- Add Vodka and Liqueur to shaker. Shake vigorously.
- Pour over the pear slice and add tonic water.
I first had a pear martini at Bartlett’s in Austin, Texas. I was inspired to make my own version. They are both delicious. I really enjoy eating the pear slice when the drink is finished.
My husband served this for Christmas and called it “Partridge In A Pear Tree.”