- Aperol–1 part
- Champagne–1 part (use any Champagne you like)
- Orange–2 slices per glass. One for squeezing and one for garnishing
- Ice–4 cubes per glass
The oranges used here came from my friend’s orchard. They are organic, sweet and are lower in acid then the ones I have bought in the supermarket. Use the best oranges that you can find.
Mixing the drink:
- In a stemmed beverage glass pour the Aperol, squeeze the juice from a slice of orange, add the ice cubes and stir.
- Top off with the champagne
- Gently crush a slice of orange and add as a garnish
As you finish the drink the orange slice will become infused with the Aperol and Champagne. Eating the infused orange slice is a yummy treat!!