- 3 bunches of radishes with their leaves
- 3 table spoons of pomegranate molasses (may substitute balsamic vinegar)
- 5 table spoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Use a paring knife separate the radishes from their greens
- Wash the radishes and the greens
- Roughly cut the radishes into large pieces
- Using a paring knife, separate the greens from the tough stems and julienne them. Soak them in water and let the sand fall to the bottom. Remove the greens from the water. You may have to soak several times until there is no more sand in the water you are using to wash the greens.
- Dice the onion
- Mince the garlic
- Place radishes in an oven proof dish with 2 table spoons of olive oil and 2 grinds of pink Himalayan salt.
- Roast in a 400 F oven until radishes are tender (about 12 minutes.)
- Place a pan on medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add 3 grinds of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Cook the onion mixture till brown (about 8 minutes.)
- Add the pomegranate molasses
- Add the radish greens. Stir together and cover with a lid.
- Let greens wilt for 2 minutes and add the roasted radishes
ENJOY. The radishes get tender and their sharp flavor mellows out. I served this as one of our Thanksgiving sides. My family loved it.