Tromboncino Squash grown by Sunset Hill Farms in Smithville, Texas. I used the long part to make Roasted Tromboncino Squash Medallions. Now I am using the bottom part.
- The bottom part of the squash cut in half
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 teaspoons of my Italian Spice Mix
- Olive oil, enough to coat the squash
- Paneer stuffing, enough to fill the squash cavity. I used the same stuffing that I used in my Stuffed Peppers. You can use any stuffing you like.
- Cut the bottom part of the squash in half and scoop out the seeds
- Put the squash on a baking sheet cavity side up
- Combine the Italian Spice Mix with the smoked paprika
- Sprinkle the squash cavity with the spice mix and drizzle on olive oil to coat
- Roast at 400 F for 10 minutes
Fill with the stuffing and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Recipe Notes: This a great main dish for a vegetarian. You can par bake the squash and stuff it ahead of time. Then, just before serving you can do the final baking step and serve it hot out of the oven.