- 10 ounce package of baby yellow tomatoes
- 10 ounce package of red grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Pierce each tomato with a paring knife. This step prevents the tomatoes from exploding in the hot pan.
- Place tomatoes in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Put the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skilled. Turn the to stove to medium high and heat the oil. The oil should be very hot but do not let it smoke or burn.
- Add the bowl full of prepped tomatoes. Cover with a lid to avoid splatter. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove lid and toss tomatoes gently. Replace lid. Turn off the stove and let sit for 5 minutes.
Recipe Note: Blistered tomatoes make a colorful addition to salads, appetizers and main dishes. I used them with my Stuffed Dover Sole. I also used them with Tandoori Shrimp that I took to a potluck party over the weekend.