Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 pound baby heirloom tomatoes
- 1 large bunch of basil leaves (I used sweet Italian basil which I grow myself)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- the best olive oil you can find (I drizzle it on. I don’t measure how much I am using)
- seal salt (to taste)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Cut tomatoes in half (use a serrated knife so the tomatoes don’t get bruised). Put them in a bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss together and set aside.
- Cut the fresh mozzarella into pieces about the same size as the tomatoes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Remove the individual leaves of basil from the stem and set aside on a plate.
- Arrange on a platter.
- Place a tomato half, then a piece of mozzarella, then a basil leaf. Keep alternating in this fashion. I usually start at the edge of the platter and work my way to the center. You can use whatever pattern you like.
- Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy.